CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The primary responsibility for this position is to design, automate, and manage the reporting process of key performance and risk indicators for the Equipment Finance (EF) division of CIT. Candidates will be very comfortable working with data, and the position involves writing and managing SQL queries to multiple data sources, using VBA to automate processes, and creating solutions in QlikView or OBIEE to meet analysis and reporting requirements. In addition, the person in this role will conduct statistical analysis in search of data trends and relationships in order to highlight significant items for communication to senior management.
• Work closely with global EF teams to ensure metrics are sourced, collected, and validated for monthly reporting processes
• Lead the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of applications or reports in support of business intelligence projects which require customized data or analytics
• Utilize statistical analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) to identify important trends and relationships in the data and highlight potential operational risks or control failures
• Combine different data extraction methods or connections to data from separate reports/sources into a single environment
• Create and maintain automated reporting applications using VBA or QlikView
• Research and define content requirements for internal clients for reporting and metric application enhancements and prototyping
• Develop executive-level reports and dashboards effectively summarize results
• Strong quantitative, data analysis, and analytical skills working with large data sets
• Intermediate to advanced object oriented and relational programming (SQL , VBA, or any data programming language)
• Experience in any BI Reporting tool or data visualization techniques is preferred (Tableau, SSRS , QlikView, OBIEE)
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite
• High attention to detail with proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently
• Successful in developing relationships within and across functional teams
• Strong problem solving skills, with ability to synthesize data into useful formats and highlight actionable insights through effective communication