CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The VP Leasing position is a direct calling sales position with the responsibility for originating new operating lease transactions, maximizing revenue on renewal of operating leases, and generating other financing opportunities in the freight transportation sector.
CIT Rail is headquartered in Chicago, IL. Location for this role can be Chicago or other locations east of Chicago with the ability to work remotely.
• Acting as the primary relationship manager for existing CIT Rail customer base within the territory to originate incremental rail operating leasing volume, maximize revenue on the renewal of existing leases, and liaison with CIT Rail Customer Service, Mechanical, and Financial Operations groups on all customer needs
• Generate new CIT Rail customers through direct calling efforts
• Work with CIT Rail Structured Finance Group to generate non-operating lease financing opportunities
• Knowledge of the freight/transportation industry
• Relationship based selling skills
• Ability to handle fast paced selling environment including management of internal needs
• Ability to work closely with and direct customer service representatives
• Undergraduate degree from four-year institution
• 15 years of overall experience in sales and/or sales management, including 10 years in US freight market
• Interpersonal effectiveness
• Written and verbal communication
• Detailed knowledge of North American freight car market
• Organization, detail orientation and accuracy
• Decision making