CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Under general direction of a Team Leader, perform credit reviews analyzing the credit analysis and decisions made by the business units and credit, including the underwriting and portfolio management of credit exposure.
• Manage and execute all stages of credit reviews (both periodic comprehensive reviews and continuous monitoring).
• For Comprehensive Reviews, analyze credit memos for complex lending transactions to:
o determine if credit analysis was sufficiently thorough and conclusions were reasonable
o ensure that loans adhere to general loan policy and to regulatory guidelines
o verify that risk ratings have been assigned accurately and updated timely
Complete analysis in adherence with established credit review procedures and regulatory guidelines. Document conclusions clearly and concisely.
• When acting as Lead Reviewer for a Comprehensive Review, guide the team to ensure key planning, fieldwork and report issuance milestone dates are met. Prepare reports detailing conclusions and hold discussions with unit management, senior management, Credit Administration, and other units or functional areas under review. Secure from business line managers the appropriate remediation plans for findings raised during review. Communicate results to Senior Management.
• Perform follow-up to resolve and validate open findings / issues noted during reviews or by internal/external entities.
• For Continuous Monitoring, perform ongoing monitoring of the key credit related activities for 1-2 business units. Prepare quarterly reports assessing the business unit’s overall risk profile with a focus on asset quality and direction of risk. Effectively document /communicate findings to Management.
• Promote and maintain positive relationships with the business unit and credit; provide information and assistance when appropriate.
• Maintain relevant knowledge of key market-risk issues, legal and compliance involved in credit related activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking, or related field OR any combination of training, education, or experience
• A minimum of 5+ years demonstrated successful experience in underwriting, portfolio management or credit review of a commercial/wholesale lending portfolio, or comparable as a consultant or financial regulator with primary responsibility emphasis in the assessment and performance of commercial lending programs. Specific experience in risk ratings
• Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following lending disciplines: Real Estate, C&I, Leveraged Lending, Healthcare, Energy, Technology/Media/Telecom, and Equipment Finance, including comprehension of risks and market conditions
• Proven project management skills and abilities
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to document conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to function efficiently in a team environment