CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
|The KYC analyst is responsible for supporting all the business lines within CIT with their customer onboarding process. The analyst will perform KYC reviews and ensure supporting docuemntation is complete. The Analyst must also be familiar (or have the abiility to quickly learn) Actimize, RDC, Lexis Nexis and other due diligence related systems. |
• Perform client due diligence and KYC screening on new and existing customers for the various CIT business units
• Ensure all requests are supported with relevant documentation as prescribed in the Firm’s AML policy and procedure
• Guide the business units in preparing the KYC package and new onboarding requests
• Review and process watch list filtering and negative news alerts that are generated as part of customer onboarding
• Assist the team manager in load balancing workload
• Actively participate and contribute to projects and other assigned tasks
• Work with different teams including business units leaders, compliance, and technology to list a few
|The Client Onboarding team is seeking a Senior Analyst who has a strong background in KYC/ AML due diligence. The analyst will be responsible for conducting AML due diligence checks on prospective customers, vendors, etc. |
• Demonstrated knowledge of the KYC/CDD and AML processes
• Attention to detail with the ability to work independently in an deadline driven regulatory environment
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders (Compliance, Business Units, etc.)
• Be a change agent, team player, and have a can do attitude
• Strong process management skills with the ability to suggest improvements in the process
• Proven ability to provide enthusiastic, professional and courteous service to internal and external customers.
• Has a sense of urgency and the ability to “own” problems and recommend creative solutions.
• Experience with reviewing/updating procedures to ensure adherence to requirements
• Operations knowledge of Actimize a plus
• Experience with watch list filtering (customer screening) and adverse news screening a plus
• Experience writing desktop procedures a plus
3-4 years of previous experience in Compliance, Audit or Risk Management a strong plus. Knowledge of SWIFT wire processing is a plus.