CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
This position is a critical member of the Mainframe Engineering team.
• Operating system and subsystem installation and customization using the IBM Serverpac process.
• Responsible for the overall management and administration of DB2 for z/OS, CICS for z/OS.
• Analyze, debug, and problem resolution for operating system and program product related issues.
• Initiate z/OS environmental set-up to support all Mainframe software products.
• Provide technical leadership to development, scheduling, database admin, and operations groups.
• HMC and System Initialization (IPL) Details and procedures.
• Provide application development community support to identify and resolve programming and environmental problems.
• Strong knowledge of z/OS operating system architecture, internals, operations, and recovery scenarios.
• Working experience with major subsystems: CICS, DB2.
• 24x7 on call support.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and completely.
• Strong preference with mainframe automation and monitoring tools such as Control/M/R/O, Mainview.
• ISV product installation and support (BroadCom and BMC a big plus).
• HCD configuration is highly desirable. (IOCD, IODF).
• Candidate must be self-motivated and assertive while possessing the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a
• Excellent working knowledge of mainframe infrastructure technologies.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience as a senior z/OS System Programmer.
• Significant (7 or more years) systems engineering mainframe support.