CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
CIT Small Business Solutions (formally known as Direct Capital) is seeking an experienced Commercial Collections Specialist to join their growing team on the NH Seacoast. The Collections Specialist will interact with B2B clients who have financed equipment or executed a working capital loan for their business with CIT. The role is responsible for the collection of delinquent balances on customer accounts by initiating communication and negotiating payments. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communications skills (verbal and written) and will be a demonstrated problem solver. CIT is hiring in multiple stages of delinquency. The Commercial Collections Specialist is responsible for servicing a portfolio of delinquent customer accounts.
• Performs day-to-day activities in a fast paced environment to ensure effective account management on collection accounts.
• Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
• Performs reconciliations for accounts to maintain accuracy.
• Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
• Establishes strong working relationships with the sales team to support collections efforts.
• Works with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
• Reconciles account status using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
• Acts as a liaison with financial operations regarding the research on misapplied or payment issues.
• Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with customers or sales teams.
• Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
• Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent negotiation skills –Collections experience preferred but a background in customer service or sales accepted as well
• Exhibit confidence to quickly evaluate a situation to find the best solution for both the client and CIT
• Function well independently and in a team orientated environment.
• Comfortable forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
• Professional and Energetic when dealing with clients; leaving them with a positive experience/impression of CIT.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to take constructive critique and implement training concepts into your own voice.
Bachelor’s Degree in business related area and/or relevant experience in collections or customer/client services