CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Information Risk sits within CIT's Risk Management organization and serves as the 2nd line of defense. The team is responsible for governance, oversight, and providing credible challenge to ensure Business Continuity, Physical Security, Cyber Security, Records, Data, and Information Security Risks are properly managed and governed within CIT’s Enterprise Risk Managmeent Program.
The VP of Business Continuity Review will report into the Head of Information Risk and be responsible for performing reviews of the Business Continuity team to ensure the program is operating effectively. The responsibilities will include performing periodic assessments in accordance with the the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC). A testing program will also need to be established to evaluate the appropriateness of business continuity plans, impact assessments, and readiness of the company.
Additional responsibilities will include project and program related responsibilities to integrate multiple existing business continuity planning systems into a single governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) platform and perform issues management based on the review activities.
Strong Communication skills will be essential as you will need to be able to speak to both technical and non-technical audiences; often translating the risks as a subject matter expert to those who lack familiarity with the space.
- Excellent PC skills and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments in a time sensitive environment with flexibility and adaptability in work approach.
- Effective organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to drive change
- Effective stakeholder management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Systems Auditing, other related fields; or equivalent work experience is required
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into practical considerations and solutions for GRC processes, risk management, and control management.
- Familiarity with three lines of defense within a financial institution is required.
- Prior experience working with Internal Audit and external regulators (e.g, OCC, FRB) is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a related field
- Familiarity with auditing (ISACA), risk managmeent, (CRISC), or industry standards and frameworks (NIST, ISO) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) booklets for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery are required.