CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
|GENERAL OVERVIEW: |
The Cash Positioning Group within Corporate Cash Operations is responsible for the rapid cash mobilization and efficient utilization of cash within a well-controlled environment while minimizing operating costs. The Cash Positioning Group is responsible for providing accurate and timely cash management reporting to facilitate strategic global decision making.
• Perform daily cash positioning for domestic and international operations
• Monitor intraday bank activity to ensure sufficient funds are available for daily operations
• Process wire transfers between multiple internal accounts for cash positioning
• Support foreign exchange activity
• Prepare and analyze weekly and monthly cash activity variances
• Identify and implement streamlining and automation of cash management processes
• Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and data consolidation
• Perform daily instrument assignment to cash activity
• Investigate posting requirements for unassigned cash movement
• Provide cash deal support for intercompany funding transactions
• Update and maintain documentation of Treasury processes and procedures
• Support development and enhancement of monthly Cash Management Metrics
• Participate in Cash Operations Group projects as needed.
|• Bachelor’s degree required|
• A CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) certification is a plus
• 3-5 years of experience within finance or operations required
• Corporate treasury experience including cash management, cash forecasting and payments a plus
• Superior analytical skills and initiative, as evidenced by successful analytical decision-making.
• Self-motivated, inquisitive, proactive, eager to learn and add value
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate key ideas and initiatives to various teams and levels of management.
• Strong attention to detail
• Direct experience with SunGard's Quantum application or similar treasury workstation is a plus
• Intermediate Excel skills required