CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The successful candidate will work in the Commercial Banking Financial Planning & Analysis team. The role will be focused on producing financial and analytical reports and presentations for CIT’s consolidated Commercial Banking business, as well as related divisions including Commercial Finance, Business Capital, Real Estate Finance and Rail.
Some responsibilities include the following:
• Support the annual budget and monthly forecasting process for the segment
• Develop and provide financial reporting to senior management, including monthly financials, KPI scorecards and business intelligence.
• Monitor actual financial performance, research variances and work with business unit leaders and division FP&A leads to drive appropriate operational adjustments
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial outlook and business review packages for business unit management
• Assist in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, and Modeling tools
• Prepare strategic analyses including evaluating business performance, new business opportunities, M&A, and expense optimization
• Keeps abreast of current developments and research economic and competitive changes that influence Commercial operations and market trends.
• This position has high visibility and interaction with senior members of the Commercial Banking team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with cross functional teams and senior management
• Proficient Excel modeling capabilities and be capable in Hyperion Essbase
• Strong data governance a must
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
• 3+ years of years of financial services experience
• Strong analytical background with relationship building and communication skills required
• Experience with general accounting concepts is preferred.
• Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint essential
• Experience with Databases, PeopleSoft and Hyperion/Essbase beneficial to the role
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Strong collaboration skills
• Independent critical thinking with well-developed analytical abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, team-oriented environment