CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Working with the senior members of the team, Vice Presidents or Directors will be required to lead a team of assistant vice presidents, associates, or analysts and manage the underwriting and portfolio management process for diverse debt solutions for middle-market companies supported by private equity ownership. Specifically: (i) LBO Financing, (ii) Acquisition Financing, (iii) Debt Refinancing, and (iv) Recapitalizations. Responsibilities will include transaction structuring, performing due diligence, presenting approval requests, negotiating legal documents, participation in syndication efforts, closing transactions, and managing relationships post close.
• Bachelor’s degree with courses relevant to business and financial analysis - MBA preferred;
• At least six years of experience in business lending or investing environment;
• The completion of a formal credit training program is desired but not required.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills - ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner;
• Time management skills to efficiently handle multiple tasks with changing priorities;
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to manage the transaction from beginning to end;
• Ability to function independently and as part of a small deal team; and
• Ability to manage and mentor junior deal team members.