CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Complete all assigned balance sheet reconciliations associated with CIT's businesses. This includes working closely with Operations and Portfolio Accounting to research and clear all reconciling items. Prior experience with bank/cash accounting and principles and knowledge of asset based loans and or leases is preferable.
Participates in accounting activities within the Global Accounting Operations by performing the following duties:
• Prepares reconciliation’s for assigned accounts ensuring that balances are valid and that appropriate supporting documentation exists
• Follow up on reconciling items, resolve problems, and clear issues in a timely manner
• Reviews/updates existing processes and procedures. Creates procedures for new accounts/processes as necessary
• Financial close responsibilities including, creating & posting journal entries and account analysis
• Advises the Manager of any trends or conditions that may affect accurate reporting or other significant issues
• Prepares various reports within required timelines
• Conducts ad hoc projects or analysis as required
• Works with other department management and staff to coordinate activities with the Accounting department
• Assist other accountants in the department as necessary
• Works with internal and external auditors and others as required obtaining or providing information.
• Responds to various inquiries regarding financial data. Conducts research or reviews information and prepares reports as necessary
• Attends various meetings and provides input: finance management meetings, business management meetings, etc
• Performs other duties as required
• Four year degree with a BS in a business major (accounting, finance) required
• 3 to 5 years of Accounting experience, preferably in the leasing/financial services industry
• Detailed oriented and have effective organizational skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• PeopleSoft experience a plus, leasing industry knowledge preferred.
• Strong communication and computer skills and work flow process skills