CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The VP-Corporate Treasury will be responsible for helping to formulate the optimal funding strategy for the Firm and play a leading role in the execution of various funding initiatives at CIT. The incumbent will have a high degree of interaction with CIT business units, CIT Bank, and other corporate staff functions (especially legal, accounting, operations, middle office, commercial services and tax) and will work closely with them to assess, develop and execute funding strategies. This role will also work closely with external constituents including commercial and investment bank personnel, outside legal counsel, and rating agencies.
Duties will include:
• Execution of funding initiatives (bank/non-bank financings) including the development of deposit based funding initiatives and strategies while connecting changes in the external funding and deposit environment to potential impacts on CIT
• Business unit funding support including intercompany funding process and related activities
• Transaction structuring and modeling
• Active involvement in key strategic initiatives
• Preparation of investor marketing materials
• Review of legal documentation related to transactions
• Oversee preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly reports
• Development and support of intercompany and transaction pricing framework
• Bachelor’s degree required with finance/accounting/economics concentration. MBA preferred.
• 8+ years experience in Corporate Treasury, Capital Markets department of multinational company, or Bank Treasury (experience with bank deposit funding preferred)
• Strong background in funding/deposits/debt capital markets
• Experience in bank/bank holding company relationships and banking regulations
• Very analytical
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task with limited direction and work effectively as a key member or leader of cross functional teams
• Advanced PC skills/MS Office suite of products, especially Excel and Access with strong database, modeling and analytical skills, Bloomberg, Aladdin