CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
This position primarily focuses on providing accounting support to the Segment Controllership group and the business on key transactions, as well as assisting in SEC reporting and SOX internal controls.
Supporting business teams in their business development activities:
• Coordinating Segment reviews of SEC Filings i.e.10Q, 10K, 8Ks.
• Researching and providing guidance to the business and controllers on key accounting issues arising including on revenue recognition, finance receivables, finance and operating leases, credit and other reserves, etc.
• Reviewing significant transactions and documenting accounting analyses and conclusions
• Researching US GAAP guidance and documenting key accounting analyses and conclusions on structured transactions
• Coordinating internal reviews of transactions across key accounting, risk, and business groups
• Reviewing contracts for proper lease/loan classification
• Documenting and monitoring internal controls (SOX), key processes and procedures
• Advising their Manager of any trends or conditions that may affect accurate accounting, reporting, or other significant issues
• Leading or participating in ad-hoc process development and improvement projects
• Preparing periodic reports, memos, or analyses and making presentations to Senior Management on significant transactions
• Attending various meetings and providing input: controllership management meetings, business management meetings, etc.
• Performs other duties as required
• Finance or Accounting degree preferred; CPA a plus
• 7 to 10 years of Accounting experience; preferably in the financial services industry; Public accounting experience a plus
• Must be detail oriented, have effective organizational, written, and communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills is a must