CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
|• Reporting to the Head of Underwriting & Portfolio Management for Commercial Finance, individual will be responsible for managing all REF UW & PM management activities, processes (excluding reporting), and related personnel for all REF loans, including offshore support consultants.|
• Maintain sector expertise and relationships with clients, industry players, etc.
• Counsel REF Business Unit Head on credit approval for transactions; oversee deal vetting, structuring, term sheet issuance, Credit Approval Memo quality, loan document negotiation, approval and closing, and post-close loan modifications, amendments, and extensions
• Run / coordinate the underwriting process from initial client discussions, all the way through closing, including working closely with relationship managers, underwriting team, middle office team, compliance managers and legal counsel.
• Actively participate in credit approval request meetings with Senior Credit Officer(s)
• Own Credit Standards, Industry White Papers, industry “deep dive” reports and Risk Tolerance Level revisions.
• Advise leadership of adverse borrower developments
• Manage periodic PM deliverables as required, as well as Audits, Exams, and Ad-hoc requests
• Interaction with Regulatory Agencies and CIT Senior Management
• Mentors less experienced REF UW/PM team members.
|• Has 15+ years of commercial real estate finance UW&PM experience as well as demonstrated effective team leadership|
• Extensive knowledge financing various property types which include multi-family, office, industrial, hospitality, condominium, self-storage, and student housing. Loans include bridge/value-add for transitional properties, construction, and stabilized.