CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Provide advice and counsel to the Compliance, Information Risk, and Information Technology functions in their privacy and cybersecurity initiatives and investigations, provide advice and counsel to the BHC and Bank on privacy and cybersecurity matters, including compliance with privacy and cybersecurity bank regulatory, securities regulatory, and broker-dealer laws & regulations, interaction with regulators, and preparing regulatory filings, notices, reports, and applications. Knowledge of other regulatory or compliance areas, such as BSA/AML, consumer or banking laws and regulations, would be useful.
• Support the Compliance, Information Risk, and Information Technology functions in their privacy and cybersecurity initiatives, including implementation of new laws and regulations and investigation of cybersecurity incidents or breaches.
• Provide advice and counsel to internal clients and management regarding regulatory compliance, including privacy and cybersecurity, bank regulatory, and general regulatory.
• Interact with regulators and examiners, including with the FRB-NY, OCC, SEC, and FINRA on regulatory issues.
• Manage outside counsel on regulatory issues and develop sufficient in-house expertise to reduce the reliance on outside counsel.
• Maintain knowledge of new legislation and developments in state and federal banking legislation and regulation, industry best practices, and trends.
• Respond to day-to-day policy issues raised within the organization and provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience
• Admitted to practice in any state and eligible for New Jersey In-House Limited License.
• Experience with federal and state privacy laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of federal and state privacy laws and regulations required.
• Experience working with Compliance to implement new privacy laws and regulations, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
• Experience working with information technology and information risk on cybersecurity breaches.
• Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC, anti-bribery laws, export control laws, and consumer lending laws desirable.
• Experience with large regional commercial banks preferred.
• Experience working with federal and state regulators.
• Experience working directly with internal clients, including senior management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex legal information to a diverse audience.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with both legal and business colleagues.
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to make timely sound decisions and manage multiple projects.
• Successful applicant must possess highest level of integrity, initiative, and resilience