CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Internal Audit Services at CIT is looking for a Audit Manager to join the Corporate Audit Function in the Livingston, NJ Office. In this important position, this individual will be responsible for performing internal audit engagements covering Risk Management functions (risk identification / risk appetite, risk governance & reporting, operational risk, etc.). The individual would have a highly visible and crucial role in performing and leading the engagements including evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management and identifying and recommending emerging areas of risk or opportunities for more effective and efficient audit processes.
• Assist in all aspects of audit activities including annual risk assessments, audit planning, control evaluation, reporting, documentation and verification of issue closure.
• Participation in audits within Risk Management area of the organization, ensuring all audit work is performed in accordance with department and professional standards. Deliver quality audit work within required methodology and completion timeframes of each audit.
• Identify areas of risk, and recognize whether the related controls are operating effectively. Evaluate control strengths and weaknesses and recommend appropriate changes. Analyze root causes of issues identified and make recommendation to management to improve the control environment accordingly as necessary.
• Work to build productive working relationships with management and key contacts within the business and internal audit team members.
• Communicating effectively both orally and in written form with management, and regulators.
• Perform continuous monitoring to recognize patterns and trends with risk and controls implications; and to identify emerging risks and develop test procedures to cover these risks.
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• Auditing skill background; Prior internal and / or external auditing experience.
• Understanding of Risk Management disciplines and the risks and adequate controls.
• Prior work experience auditing Risk Management and knowledge of relevant Risk Management regulations (risk identification / risk appetite, risk governance & reporting, operational risk, etc.).
• 2-5 years audit experience, preferably in the Financial Services sector with Risk Management and / or auditing Risk Management experience; public accounting experience.
• Strong investigative, analytical, audit planning, project management and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Professional certifications are a plus- CPA and/or CIA.
• Limited Travel may be required.