CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
We are looking for a well-rounded candidate to lead the new Application Risk and Governance function being developed under the CTO COO team supporting all Technology LOBs.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Execute the defined processes in support of the Architectural Review Board (ARB). The ARB is a function of IT that oversees the creation, modification and implementation of the Enterprise IT architecture strategy. Processes includes but not limited to establishing cadences, gathering required documentation, resolving ambiguities, issues, and conflicts.
• Develop and manage governance processes on applications, including better controls to manage the Technology Vendor Product Life Cycle from GA (General Availability) to EOL (End-of-Life).
• Accountable for monthly governance and reporting on EOL technologies.
• Manage Technology Regulatory Exams, Audit Issues Remediations and Technology Vulnerabilities Remediation.
• Work with functional teams to ensure SOX control compliancy.
• Partner closely with Technology & Operations Risk team on robust, clear reporting for line of sight into risk mitigation performance and work together to continuously improve our risk status.
• Assess new policies or changes to existing to understand impact and plans to be compliant.
• Administer the review and validation of policy exceptions and deviations and proactively monitor to minimize extensions.
• Present to executive management on risk performance for the Technology organization.
• 5+ years combined experience in any of the following: business operations management, project management, technology governance, risk, or compliance roles
• Critical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully manage competing work assignments in a time sensitive environment.
• A high degree of initiative required with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and project the appropriate level of urgency, judgment and maturity.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.