CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The Director, Assistant General Counsel oversees and provides specialized legal advice and services for the Treasury Management group and the Community Association Banking ("CAB") group (the "assigned business units"). Protects the interests of the Company and its assets and properties through effective management of risk and compliance with applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and law.
• Provides legal counsel to all levels of management within the assigned business units in support of the Company's tactical and strategic business initiatives
• Provides product and regulatory counsel in the areas of deposits, retail and online/mobile banking, ACH, payments, wires, card services, NACHA rules, etc. Provides counsel on compliance with applicable federal laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, Regulation DD, Regulation CC, Regulation II, Regulation E, Regulation D, UDAAP/UDAP, E-SIGN.
• Partners with compliance and risk and provides legal and regulatory guidance regarding Company policies and procedures
• Supports the Treasury Management group including deposit service agreements, deposit account agreements, deposit account control agreements, general support on issues relating to onboarding forms and onboarding new clients
• Collaborates effectively with other in-house counsel and business colleagues
• Identifies, prioritizes, directs and manages all business activities in support of business objectives of the assigned business units
• Participates in the achievement of business objectives by developing close professional relationships with personnel of all levels, by providing specialized legal counsel, knowledge, skills and decision making in support of tactical and strategic business initiatives
• Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws, rules and regulations pertaining to banking and the assigned business units
• 10 years of experience in and general knowledge of the financial services industry and related legal issues with a preferred emphasis in deposit operations, credit card issuing services (including BIN sponsorships), payment platforms and online/mobile banking
• Admitted to practice in New York /New Jersey or registered as in-house counsel in New York / New Jersey.
• Possess demonstrated, specialized knowledge in one or more areas of law necessary to support business or operations thorough experience with legal matters from an administrative, contractual, statutory, and regulatory standpoint
• Excellent human relations, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
• Familiarity with relevant computer applications
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with payments and deposit processing; seasoned knowledge of UCC and NACHA Rules
• Experience with CAB/HOA deposits activities, Payment Facilitators (PayFac) and BIN sponsorships
• Experience in the investment and financial areas including negotiating and closing financial transactions
• Strong working knowledge of technology contract issues, technology trends and products with extensive background in drafting and negotiating technology contracts
• Knowledge of state banking laws and federal laws relating to product development, marketing and the distribution of various banking products