Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
This position primarily focuses on providing accounting support to the Segment Controllership group and the business on key transactions, as well as assisting in SEC reporting and SOX internal controls.
Supporting business teams in their business development activities:
• Coordinating Segment reviews of SEC Filings i.e.10Q, 10K, 8Ks.
• Researching and providing guidance to the business and controllers on key accounting issues arising including on revenue recognition, finance receivables, finance and operating leases, credit and other reserves, etc.
• Reviewing significant transactions and documenting accounting analyses and conclusions
• Researching US GAAP guidance and documenting key accounting analyses and conclusions on structured transactions
• Coordinating internal reviews of transactions across key accounting, risk, and business groups
• Reviewing contracts for proper lease/loan classification
• Documenting and monitoring internal controls (SOX), key processes and procedures
• Advising their Manager of any trends or conditions that may affect accurate accounting, reporting, or other significant issues
• Leading or participating in ad-hoc process development and improvement projects
• Preparing periodic reports, memos, or analyses and making presentations to Senior Management on significant transactions
• Attending various meetings and providing input: controllership management meetings, business management meetings, etc.
• Performs other duties as required
• Finance or Accounting degree preferred; CPA a plus
• 7 to 10 years of Accounting experience; preferably in the financial services industry; Public accounting experience a plus
• Must be detail oriented, have effective organizational, written, and communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills is a must