Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Director level Relationship Manager (“RM”) will provide a primary point of contact to a portfolio of existing private equity owned and/or industry relationships of varying size and complexity to identify cross sell opportunities and manage the delivery of CIT’s ancillary products. Working closely with the financial sponsor coverage and/or industry bankers and product specialists, the RM will develop a thoughtful relationship plan to deepen existing portfolio relationships.
In addition, the RM will originate new (non-sponsor, non-industry) to bank business, identify and cross sell ancillary business opportunities, and provide support to credit team on underwriting new deals. Primary market coverage will be Northeast region.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10+ years of relationship management experience in the commercial and corporate banking market.
• Formal credit training required.
• Proven track record of originating, underwriting and managing commercial and corporate banking relationships, including single bank and syndicated deals.
• Experience in managing portfolio of relationships with demonstrated ability to increase ancillary business.
• Experience in structuring and closing new deals, including cash flow and asset based lending.
• Experience working as sole bank or lead arranger to pitch, negotiate, and execute transactions that raise capital.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of banking products and services for clients in the commercial and corporate banking market.
Skills and Abilities:
• Self-starter, able to work independently and used to work in an entrepreneurial environment Thrive in a flat organizational structure leveraging talented junior resources to meet personal and business goals.
• Possess superior business development focus and demonstrate innovative financing solutions and structures to client situations.
• Be highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate priorities, and ensure resources are properly aligned.
• Able to demonstrate sound credit judgment during transaction structuring and present compelling proposals to credit officers and secure buy-in. Expert knowledge of credit products and process.
• Demonstrate excellent presence and interpersonal skills that allow development of relationships at multiple levels within the client organization.
• Demonstrate strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information.
• Possess superior communication, persuasion, and influence skills that facilitate successful client pitches and proposals.