Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
Internal Audit Services at CIT is looking for an Assistant Vice President to join the Corporate Audit Function in the Livingston, NJ Office. In this important position, this individual will be responsible for performing internal audit engagements covering Credit Risk Management functions. The individual would have a highly visible and crucial role in performing and leading the engagements, including evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management and identifying and recommending emerging areas of risk or opportunities for more effective and efficient audit processes.
• Assist in all aspects of audit activities including annual risk assessments, audit planning, control evaluation, reporting, documentation and verification of issue closure.
• Participation in audits within Credit Risk Management areas of the organization, ensuring all audit work is performed in accordance with department and professional standards. Deliver quality audit work within required methodology and completion timeframes of each audit.
• Identify areas of risk, and recognize whether the related controls are operating effectively. Evaluate control strengths and weaknesses and recommend appropriate changes. Assist in the analysis of root causes of issues identified and make recommendations to management to improve the control environment accordingly as necessary.
• Work to build productive working relationships with management and key contacts within the business and internal audit team members.
• Communicating effectively orally and in written form with management, and regulators.
• Perform continuous monitoring to recognize patterns and trends with risk and controls implications; and to identify emerging risks and develop test procedures to cover these risks.
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• Auditing skill background; prior internal and / or external auditing experience.
• Understanding of the Credit Risk Management discipline, and the risks and adequate controls.
• Prior work experience auditing Credit Risk Management and knowledge of relevant Credit Risk Management regulations
• 5-7 years experience, preferably in the Financial Services sector with a focus on Credit Risk Management and / or auditing Credit Risk Management; public accounting experience.
• Strong investigative, analytical, audit planning, project management and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Professional certifications are a plus- CPA and/or CIA.
• Limited travel may be required.