Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Banking Operations Specialist IV is responsible for supporting and providing guidance to Branches and Call Centers Teams to ensure their performance meets the Bank standards.
• Answer incoming calls from branches and call centers.
• Ability to accurately process and review accounts and provide guidance on corrective actions.
• Must be proficient on product and services offered by the Banking Industry (Checking/Savings/Money Market, Certificate of Deposit Accounts, Safe Deposit, Debit Card, etc.)
• Accurately complete and coordinate the semi-annual Safe Deposit Box drilling process.
• Review legal documents (i.e. POA, Letter of Testamentary, Family Trust) and provide guidance.
• Perform Interest Rate maintenance to Bank Control as required.
• Must possess the ability to make sensible exception decision that reduce, prevent, or mitigate customer escalations, employee errors, and bank losses.
• Perform research and provide detailed follow up on complex transactions or inquiries.
• Must have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task.
• Perform a variety of Branch and call centers requests are correctly processed according to department standards, policies, procedures across multiple banks.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead effectively in a team environment
• Must be familiar with bank products, policies, procedures and regulations
• Must be able to adhere to and meet established deadlines and accurately process work
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to utilize a variety of applications including Microsoft office applications
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
• High School Diploma required / Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Preference for candidates to have a minimum of four years previous banking experience and working knowledge of bank product and services
• Exceptional listening and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of customer care processes and techniques
• Dedication to providing exceptional customer service