CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Reporting to the Lead Aviation Underwriter, individual will be responsible for underwriting as well as portfolio management of aircraft secured loan transactions and assisting with the preparation of presentations and reports for regulatory and internal informational purposes.
• New business – evaluate new transactions, including the analysis of financial statements, capital structures, and the business/industry/competitor landscape to identify transaction risks and mitigants and recommend transaction structures appropriate to the opportunity; pre-screen transactions, conduct due diligence, prepare credit approval memos on transactions that are green-lighted in the pre-screen process and present transactions to credit committee in order to obtain credit approval.
• Manage assigned portfolio accounts – monitor performance and covenant compliance, prepare trend cards and periodic/annual reviews, process amendments and waiver requests in a timely manner to meet customer expectations, provide performance updates to managers, identify and act on warning signals and participate in portfolio reviews as needed.
• Maintain familiarity with CIT policies, procedures, and underwriting standards.
• Interface with other parts of the business, such as Legal, Operations, Insurance, Capital Markets, Corporate Risk Management, Compliance, Problem Loan Management, Loan & Risk Review, and Internal Audit.
• Develop industry knowledge in the aviation sector, including airlines, lessors and suppliers as well as specific to aircraft.
• Interface with customers to complete due diligence process as well as to assist the relationship management efforts of the Originators.
• Interface with and independently manage information requests received from auditors and loan examiners (internal as well as external, including regulators), prepare reports for regulatory and internal informational purposes,and work on any special projects as per business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience in risk/credit in the commercial lending industry; credit trained with direct experience of leading the underwriting and execution effort on senior debt transactions.
• Airline/aircraft industry knowledge or industry experience a plus.
• Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and capital structures, strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions and experience with structuring transactions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; team player.
• Self-motivated with high energy levels; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.