CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
As part of the CIT Rail Business Intelligence group, the Senior Analyst provides market research and analysis to support Rail’s strategic efforts. This role involves developing and analyzing various pieces of market information/data to create actionable business intelligence. This includes the following: - Monitor and provide detailed analysis of economic trends, markets and competitors by leveraging various sources of market intelligence.
- Update, analyze and distribute weekly/monthly reports that are used to communicate industry trends to senior management.
- Maintain, track and report out on aspects of commercial activity.
- Facilitate and monitor CIT cross-segment efforts to broaden customer relationships with Rail's customers.
- Develop and enhance business intelligences tools and methods to support commercial and strategic decision-making.
- Explore new, credible sources of marketing information and develop new analytical approaches to our marketing analysis.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in market research or other relevant experience.
• Strong business acumen with a record of initiative, thought leadership, problem solving and overall impact to organization/function. Organized with an attention to detail.
• Ability to transform large amounts of data into insightful analysis and communicate effectively (written and verbally) to various levels of management.
• Proficient in Excel, Access and Powerpoint, as well as other analytic tools (SAS, SQL, etc.)
• Undergraduate degree in economics, statistics, finance or marketing preferred.
• Technologically-savvy with an understanding of digital and traditional marketing techniques.
• Experience in transportation/rail industry or a graduate degree are pluses.
• Ability to navigate across functional groups of the organization.