CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Internal Audit Services at CIT is looking for an internal audit professional to join the Finance Audit team as an Auditor / Senior Auditor at our headquarters in Livingston, NJ. In this important role, the individual will be responsible for executing testing during various Finance audits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist audit management (Auditor In-Charge and Director) in all aspects of audit activities including annual risk assessments, audit planning, control evaluation, reporting, follow-up and issue closure.
- Test and assess adequacy of controls including control design and operating effectiveness as well as documentation of process workflows.
- Perform appropriate audit testing during the audit engagements as required.
- Analyze root causes of issues identified during testing and make practical and innovative recommendations to management to improve the control environment as necessary.
- Identify areas of risk and recognize whether the related controls are operating effectively.
- Contribute and perform continuous monitoring of key data elements and emerging trends with risk and control implications.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written form within Internal Audit and CIT management.
- Perform quality audit work ensuring that all work complies with Departmental standards and policies.
- Remain current on evolving regulatory requirements impacting areas.
- Partner with other audit teams within Internal Audit as needed.
Minimum Skills / Requirements:
- 4 year degree in accounting, finance or related discipline.
- Professional certification or advanced degree helpful (CPA, MBA, CIA) or willingness to obtain.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a public accounting firm and/or internal audit within the retail and commercial banking /financial services industry preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC and experience and related regulatory reporting experience preferred.
- Strong planning, research and analytical skills required.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills, the ability to interact with various levels within the organization.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt effectively in a changing environment.
- Ability to provide high quality deliverables while meeting deadlines.
- Limited travel may be required.