Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Operations Manager's (OM) primary responsibility is managing branch operations and assisting the Branch Manager in inspiring staff to promote and cultivate deeper relationships with customers. The OM is also responsible for creating a superior customer-driven sales and quality service environment.
• Supports OneWest Bank's (OWB) commitment to building relationships and providing a "One Customer at a Time" experience through solid operational quality control
• Exemplifies OWB’s standards with team members and customers on a daily basis
• Responsible for putting into place processes to inspect and manage operational controls, to achieve satisfactory results during field operations visits, and to ensure compliance during actual audits
• Sets standards and executes random spot reviews to ensure all compliance and regulatory standards are met
• Secures and manages cash and all negotiable items per policy and security standards
• Pulls and reviews operation reports each workday morning
• Coaches and trains staff utilizing expertise and guidance on operational issues and vulnerabilities that relate to their jobs and ensures that policies and procedures are consistently executed
• Serves as the Chief Operations Officer of the branch and acts as back-up of branch leadership in their absence
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) required/Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 3+ years of banking experience including processing account transactions, loan applications, and new accounts
• Must have prior managerial experience and proven sales skills
• Experience in ensuring compliance with all governing regulations, especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements