CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Reporting to the Head of Underwriting & Portfolio Management for Maritime Finance, individual will be responsible for underwriting as well as portfolio management of asset-backed maritime financing transactions, leading deal teams, mentoring junior resources, and assisting with the preparation of presentations and reports for regulatory and internal informational purposes.
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred. MBA/CFA/CPA a plus.
• Maritime sector experience a plus
• 3-7 years of experience in commercial lending, investment banking. securities research, or other financial analysis-intensive arena; credit training with experience in the underwriting and execution effort on senior debt transactions is preferred
• Completion of a formal credit training program is desired but not required
• Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and capital structures, and possess strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions.
• Must have strong writing ability; will be expected to draft credit memoranda and annual reviews for manager’s review with minimal supervision.
• Experience with structuring transactions and negotiating documentation is preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; team player.
• Self-motivated with high energy levels; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.