Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Assistant Vice President will support the technical and strategic business initiatives within the Banking Relations Group in establishing and maintaining a global centralized banking network with emphasis on utilization of CIT Bank where possible. Candidate will pro-actively partner with internal parties, including but not limited to Finance, Accounting, Tax and Legal to support the different functional goals. The Candidate is expected to drive the change of moving the company's account structure to CIT Bank, support cash management change regarding receipt and disbursements away from correspondent banks, M&A support for the Treasury Operations group, including enhanced reporting and metrics.
This position will also support the teams with various ongoing and new strategic initiatives,including but not limited to:
- Account transaction analysis to drive change
- Provide subject matter expertise to Business Units for new initiatives
- Ongoing analysis of existing and future bank account structure for the organization
- Bank Signatory Risk Control
- Bank account set up and attributes
- Bank fee, bank account and project metrics reporting
- Banking relationship management
- Liaise with bank representatives to open and close bank accounts
- Implement and maintain full range of banking services (i.e. lockbox, positive pay, ACH, Direct Debit etc.)
- Liaise with Legal and Tax regarding banking documentation and strategic project needs
- Assist with the creation and submission of general ledger account maintenance requests for new, closed and changed bank accounts
- Support any Treasury Operations initiatives and projects
- Other special ad hoc projects as needed.
o Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus
o 5+ years financial experience preferably within the Treasury Banking Operations function
o Strong organization and reporting experience
o Integrity: Exhibits and adheres to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
o Strong Analytical Skills: ablity to link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
o Results oriented and dedicated team worker
o Excellent communication skills with experience working across multiple levels and E48; ability to deliver the message effectively verbally and in writing