Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
CIT is looking for a strong candidate to help grow the use of data analytics within the Internal Audit Services (IAS) Department. The role supports all groups within the audit department and includes the use of various analytic techniques and technologies to automate control testing, isolate anomalies of interest, and gain efficiencies within the audit department and with our auditees. The ideal candidate will have a hybrid of audit, data analytics, and database/developer experience. This position will report to the head of the Analytics team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work as part of a team to identify, design, develop, and document analytics that will support audit testing, continuous auditing, continuous monitoring, automation, and fraud identification.
• Act as a business analyst to develop requirements for reports through interaction with the auditors.
• Script analytic routines that can be pushed to business partners to maximize return on investment.
• Build productive relationships with internal audit team members, peers, data owners and IT to ensure availability of information and to encourage the development of new analytics.
• Support the corporate investigations group with periodic forensic investigations and root cause analyses.
• Programming experience in one of the following languages: SQL, Python, C# or Perl.
• Experience with database development. ETL package development/deployment is highly desirable.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, and macros.
• Experience with visualization tools, such as Power BI, Qlikview, and/or Tableau, is a plus.
• Ability to synthesize meaningful insights from disparate sources of data.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience working as a member of a multi-member team on a variety of cross-department projects.
• Maintains a healthy level of auditor skepticism in all situations.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Decision Sciences, Data Sciences or related field.
• 2 - 3 years’ experience, preferably in banking.