CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses – and relationships – that have endured for decades.
The primary functions of the Teller Lead will be to respond to client inquiries, identify opportunities to recommend OneWest Bank products and services, and process bank transactions while adhering to OneWest Bank's "One Customer At a Time" service standards.
The essential functions of the job include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
– Responds to client inquiries on the telephone or in person, and either solves customer problems on their own or escalates problems to his/her supervisor for resolution while adhering to client privacy and confidentiality guidelines
– Serves as a party in dual control activities such as servicing ATMs, nightly drop, cash count, and monthly audits
– Identifies opportunities to recommend OneWest bank products and services based on client needs or refers client to platform personnel for needs assessment
– Processes all transactions within assigned limits, maintains cash drawer, and properly balances cash drawer at the end of each work day
– Processes rejects, loan payments, reviews branch reports, and completes audits as assigned by the Relationship Center Manager
– Assists with the daily branch settlement and reconcilement process, including oversight for night deposit and ATM balancing
– Works with the Teller team to enhance customer service expectations and provides responsive, quality client service at all times
– Takes ownership of the Teller line workflow
– May be assigned the responsibility of vault teller completing all duties related to this task
– Adheres to all bank policies and security procedures
– High School Diploma or GED required
– Two to three years of banking experience, including processing account transactions and new accounts
– Experience in ensuring compliance with all governing regulations, especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements