Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Business Development Representative in Portsmouth New Hampshire
Account Manager/Inside Sales Representative, Portsmouth, NH
We’re going to be honest: We want to sell you on this job opportunity. But we may not be the best at it – which is why we’re looking for an employee like you; someone whose job it is to get people to say “Yes!”
A Business Development Representative at CIT is not your typical “sales” person, and this is not a telemarketing position. In fact, we like to consider it more of a Strategic Account Management position.
If building relationships with B2B vendors and franchises like Dairy Queen or Ryder Trucks sounds good, or if working at a fast-paced financial services company that provides affordable lending solutions to an underserved market is what you’re all about, then we think we’ve done our job. And have just found you a new one.
But in case you need some more convincing…
• You’ll always have something on your plate. We call it “busy-fun” because you’re constantly moving, but you’ll love what you’re doing.
• You’ll have the opportunity to form connections with businesses from across the country and stretch yourself far and wide right from the office.
• Business Development sales representatives gain an understanding of the lending process and the number of different industries we work with.
• CIT is not only a place to get your feet wet, but also a place to advance your career.
Great, now that we’ve got you hooked, here’s what you’re day-to-day will look like:
• Creating partnerships with vendors and influencing key decision makers
• Researching prospects and identifying the key people to call
• Delivering the value prop by crafting an effective pitch
• Presenting technology tools and solutions through webinar demos
• Recognizing CIT as a FinTech organization and presenting our products and services in a relatable way to the businesses you reach
Do you have what we’re looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Business Administration
• 1+ years’ experience
• Team oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer relations skills
• Technologically savvy
• Outgoing personality that’s comfortable with making and holding conversation
• Hard-working and efficient
• Passion for inside sales
Do we have what you’re looking for?
Though we’re convinced the answer to this is yes, we figured we needed to sell you on this, too.
CIT is located in the heart of Portsmouth, New Hampshire – only a few miles away from downtown and the beautiful Atlantic Seacoast. Our company is filled with people that want to see you succeed and will become your mentors along the way. We have a stigma-breaking, obstacle-crushing atmosphere and are not your typical financial institution. You’ll build a great relationship with the Executive team at our small company that does big things.
• CIT’s business is driven by 10 core values that employees embody every day
• We invest in your future, whether by advancing your education or building your 401k
• You’ll have access to all of our benefits on day one
• Perks are tailored to you and your needs: Back-up childcare, pet insurance, virtual doctor’s appointment, and more
• An in-house Avanti market, fully stocked with items you need throughout the day
• Giving back is important to our culture – we donated over $275,000 to local businesses in 2015
Do you think Portsmouth, CIT, and our Business Development team is where you belong? Great – we do too.