Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Rates & FX team, reporting to the Head of Capital Markets, partners with business units across the bank to deliver interest rate derivative and foreign exchange products to clients. Key responsibilities of the Vice President include:
• Consult with private equity sponsors and corporate management teams to formulate and execute financial risk management strategies across rates and FX products
• Establish and maintain relationships with internal relationship bankers. Keep apprised of pipeline opportunities across the bank and identify opportunities to cross-sell rates and FX products to clients
• Act as market expert for rates and FX markets, and distribute timely market updates both internally and externally
• Assist deal teams throughout credit approval process to ensure proper credit limits are in place with client counter-parties
• Negotiate trading documentation with customer and bank counter-parties including: ISDA Master and Schedule, Credit Support Annex, Cleared Derivatives Execution Agreement, FX Agreement, Dodd-Frank on-boarding requirements etc.
• Liaise with middle and back office teams to ensure smooth processing throughout the trade life-cycle
• 5-10 years of experience in a client facing role, with exposure to interest rate derivative and/or FX products
• In-depth understanding of over-the-counter interest rate derivative and FX markets
• Ability to multi-task across a large number of active deals while maintaining high level of attention to detail
• Proficiency with Bloomberg