Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Participates in accounting activities within the GAO by performing the following duties:
• Prepares reconciliations for assigned accounts ensuring that balances are valid and that appropriate supporting documentation exists.
• Consistently follow-up on outstanding items to resolve in a timely matter
• Financial close responsibilities including, creating & posting journal entries and account analysis
• Reviews/updates existing processes and procedures. Creates procedures for accounts/processes as necessary.
• Escalate issues to management when not being resolved in a timely manner.
• Conducts ad hoc projects or analysis as required
• Responds to various inquiries regarding financial data or information.
• Conducts research or reviews information and prepares reports
• Assist other accountants in the department as necessary
• Works with internal and external auditors and others as required to obtain or provide information
• Performs other duties as required
1 to 5 years of accounting experience, Accounting or Finance degree required; Must be flexible, detailed oriented and hardworking with effective organizational/communication skills and adaptable to various situations; Strong problem solving; critical thinking and analytical skills. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.