Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
To manage a select customer portfolio (typically ~30 customer accounts), that consists of highly visible and/or marginal customer accounts. Advanced financial/analytical skills are necessary to obtain, analyze and accurately interpret all levels of financial information, including liquidity and bank covenant analysis and financial projections, towards recommending an appropriate credit limit and/or business strategy. The credit officer must be able to prepare and present a detailed and cohesive financial analysis/underwriting in the proper format for various reporting committees. The officer must understand our regulatory risk metrics system and its relationship to making sound and prudent credit decisions. Additionally, the Officer must recognize that our focus is towards servicing clients while simultaneously safeguarding the assets of CIT and ensuring adherence to credit policies and procedures in decision making.
• Effectively communicate with a company’s senior management
• Manage customer exposures appropriately based on their current financial position and proactively recommend the appropriate strategy; increase/decrease/maintain/exit.
• Identify and refer problem customers to senior management.
• Assist the collection department by reviewing and ensuring maximum collectability of all accounts.
• Coordinate closely with client service teams to ensure quality client service, retention, and operational efficiencies that meet or exceed CIT standards.
• Identify and refer customers to our new business department
• Maximize efficiencies and productivity by responding to client’s inquiries/requests in a timely fashion, inputting lines of credit where appropriate while meeting or exceeding credit department standards and risk rewards philosophies.