Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Key Day-to-Day Activities:
• Meet with key stakeholders to gather and define new requirements
• Create business and technical requirements and support documentation
• Actively manage and respond to inquiries from our stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with business partners, operations and technology
• Develop test cases and test scripts for UAT execution of new CIT project portal functionality
• Complete and/or update project level artifacts in support of new features and functionality and process streamlining efforts
• Coordinate across other IT organizations (Security, Architecture, Vendor Management) as needed
• Train end users in general system functionality as well as new enhancements."
PPM Admin: Assist ePMO team by entering new project instances after IWG approvals, editing projects as needed for project Ownership/Permissions, status, and other fields, extracting data upon request, reporting development and production;
General Business Analysis (BA): Gather requirements for new projects or enhancements to existing systems; Interact with people at various management levels, across various Lines of Business and assist them in solving issues, providing guidance/training, gathering information; Prepare systems/process documentation including system architecture/infrastructure diagrams (Visio), process diagrams, User Guides, FAQ documents, features presentations.
Training: Includes the scheduling and delivery of live WebEx training presentations for ePMO systems/processes to a variety of audiences, as well as the preparation of training documentation. As other training tools are acquired, may include recording/editing video or animated presentations.