Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:|
- Leading, organizing and effectively planning large audits which include defining the scope and designing effective audit test steps and delivers quality audit work within required completion timeframes for each audit.
- Participates in the annual risk assessment process.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients to promote the value of IAS.
- Performance management responsibilities for assigned direct reports and providing professional development guidance
- Contribute and perform continuous monitoring of key data elements and emerging trends with financial and control implications.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written form within Internal Audit and management.
- Perform quality audit work ensuring that all work complies with Departmental standards and policies
- Remain current on evolving financial and regulatory requirements impacting areas.
- Partner with other audit teams within Internal Audit as needed.
|1. 4 year degree in accounting, finance or related discipline|
2. Professional certification or advanced degree (CPA, MBA, CIA, etc.) is required.
- –8-10 years of experience preferably in the Financial Services sector or Public Accounting firm with internal / external audit experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC and strong understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and tax.
- Strong planning, research and analytical skills required.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of management within the organization.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt effectively in a changing environment.
- Ability to provide high quality deliverables while meeting deadlines.
- Limited travel may be required.