Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The VP of Sales role responsible is for identifying, proposing and closing $1 million+ Franchisee and Franchisor opportunities within the restaurant segment. Products being offered within this segment will include: Equipment Purchase, remodels/new store financing, acquisition/partner buyouts, refinancing/recapitalization and working capital loans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Sourcing of new loan/lease transactions within the franchise industry, specifically the restaurant segment;
• Successful incumbents must demonstrate the ability to understand customers' needs vs CIT requirements
• Proposal generation, negotiations and closure
• Transaction and or documentation structuring
• Documentation negotiation and closure
• At least 7 years in an Franchise Equipment finance deal origination role with strong understanding of credit, collateral and structuring
• Strong track record closing transactions and developing a territory
• Strong reputation in industry and strong base of clients and contacts in territory
• Previous credit background and bank experience a plus
• BA preferably in business or economics.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management (internally and in the customer organization)
• Strong pricing experience
• Ability to work with internal and external customers achieve results
• Effective organization, time management and follow-up skills
• Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Self-motivated and results-oriented