Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The CIT Law Department is seeking a strong candidate capable of supporting efforts to manage, monitor and report on internal and external legal expense. The successful candidate will be able to analyze information, communicate this information effectively and contribute in a team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide analytical and administrative support to a team managing internal and external legal expense
• Analyze business unit spend
• Provide budget analysis of law firm spend and oversight of timekeepers submitted by outside counsel
• Track budgets and timekeepers submitted through billing systems
• Provide analysis of both internal and external department spend and expense
• Monitor and report on key performance indicator initiatives (KPIs) such as savings vs. baseline, Law Department budgeting and monitoring and management of outside counsel legal spend
• Leverage data to drive continual process improvement, including automation of existing processes through report creation
• Maintain efficient and courteous relationship with CIT personnel, clients, vendors, and internal client contractors.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or accounting
• 3-5 years of experience in analysis, financial and/or operational reporting roles
• Mastery of financial reporting concepts, familiarity with accruals, budgeting
• Proficient at Excel/financial analysis and planning
• Ability to turn complex data into a useful tool through report creation in Powerpoint, Excel (or similar tools)
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Exposure to strategic sourcing, procurement, contract administration, and/or project management processes
• Analytically adept with strong financial analysis and reporting skills and keen attention to detail
• Good reasoning; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task, make sound business decisions, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment