CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses – and relationships – that have endured for decades.
|Relationship Specialist - Customer Service|
The Relationship Specialist position will work in our Call Center supporting the Equipment Finance Operations function. The successful candidate will be responsible to perform a full range of Customer Service activities including account relationship management. The Relationship Specialist is also responsible for finding solutions and providing outstanding customer experience to our partners/vendors and customers.
• Communicates with external and internal customers through various channels (phone, email and letters) maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude at all times.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Including the ability to ask probing questions to understand concerns and overcome objections.
• Responds promptly and accurately to customer inquiries and process a variety of customer requests within different levels of complexity. Including account reconciliation, account updates, document requests, invoices, buyout quotes, web portal troubleshooting, etc.
• Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management and demonstrates ability to successfully collect on delinquent accounts.
• Establishes strong working relationships with Vendors, Sales, Originations, Operations and Finance departments to find best solutions and anticipate customer needs.
• Follows proper Complaint Process when assisting customers with escalated concerns to resolve account or service issues. Focusing on determining the root cause; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure timely resolution and to provide the best customer experience.
• Follows established policies, procedures and guidelines to protect both our clients and the CIT Bank.
• Meets Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics.
BS/BA degree preferred
1-3 years customer service, customer support or inside sales.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
Ability to quickly learn, multi-task and to meet expectations in a customer-centric and results-driven environment.
Careful attention to details and excellent time management skills.
Proficiency in basic computer skills- Advanced Excel knowledge preferable.
Intellectually curious about our business, our clients and focused on finding the best solutions.
Excellent negotiation and analytical skills - Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
Comfortable with handling high call volume and forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule/overtime, as needed.
Ability to take constructive feedback and implement training concepts into your ongoing development.