Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Stress Testing and Analytics Team (STAT) is the group that oversees the management, design, and execution of CIT’s stress testing process and capital planning responsibilities. In addition, the team provides project management and analytic capabilities for other CIT strategic initiatives. This role will work with a broad range of functions within CIT including key Risk and Finance teams in addition to the LOBs in order to ensure a robust stress testing and reporting process.
• Primary responsibility: Production and execution of forecasting, aggregation, management reporting and documentation for internal stress testing process
• Maintain stress testing related functions in Production System, including execution of jobs to perform stress testing calculations
• Analyze and update key reports, files and spreadsheets used in production of forecasting and analysis
• Ability to manage complex problems in tight timelines and to handle competing priorities
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to senior management
• Superior relationship management skills including ability to collaborate with multiple business partners in other functions (e.g. Finance, Risk, Data, Line of business owners)
• Team player with ability to manage projects independently with minimal supervision and guidance and to work effectively with diverse teams
• 3+ years of related experience in financial services, including accounting, financial reporting, financial modeling, programming, database development.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Financial Database Systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, Hyperion, Vena, etc.
• Ability to construct and execute SQL queries to extract information.
• Hands on QRM software experience a strong plus
• Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau) a plus
• Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Experience in process improvement assessments / implementation a plus