Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Significant role reporting to Chief Investment Officer in CIT Corporate Treasury. The Director of hedging and market risk manager assists Chief Investment Officer in establishing the principles of hedging and market risk management for managing CIT market risk on balance sheet, implementing the hedging strategies as well as hedging execution.
• 10-15 years of trading and risk management experience in interest rate , and foreign currency areas , with at least 10 years of working experience in managing interest rate and foreign currency risks and hedging portfolio and market risk for banks, and regulated banking entity
• Exhibits strong risk management mind set not trading
• In-depth understanding of mechanics and dynamic of the interest rate derivate and foreign currency market structure as well as a strong understanding of primary drivers and risk factors of interest rate derivative and foreign currency valuations and cash flows
• Self-starting but collaborative: ability to work with team of highly skilled professionals, collaborating work flow and tasks, and measuring and driving performance
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize deliverables in a high pressure business
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate sophisticated concepts clearly and professionally ,prepare and produce quality presentations to senior management, ALCO and other management and board level committees in a timely manner
• Adept at analyzing risk and developing compelling risk management proposals which meet the Company’s criteria demonstrate Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Able to develop and maintain a control framework – drafting policies/procedures, structuring metrics, understanding protocols, Volcker rules, and security trading laws, escalating and remediating risk issues with appropriate organization and oversight
• Has deep understanding of
o cash and derivative rate markets including operations and risk systems,
o banking industry and asset liability management,
o banking regulation and accounting,
o macroeconomic principals,
o monetary policy
• Preferably 5 to 10 years of user experience with BlackRock Aladdin, Yield book, and Bloomberg or other industry well known fixed income analytical tools and applications. Proficient with excel and power point applications
• Knowledge of trading desk process flow, and work with Middle office to enhance trading process and flow is preferred.