Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This role will involve utilization of all general accounting skills and will require exceptional attention to detail.
• Processing payments to vendor
• Conduct account research and analysis
• Reconciliation of company bank accounts
• Research transactions paid
• Responsible for Vendor Referral Fee payment and process
• Assist with the month end closing duties for the company
• Prepare documentation/support needed for SOX compliance
• Assist with audit related requests
• Other duties and special AD-HOC projects as assigned by management
Knowledge of lease accounting and systems.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Accounting degree preferred.
Solid foundation of generally accepted accounting principles.