Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This is a mid-level position for a high potential candidate. Responsibilities include:
o Analyze monthly earnings
o Oversee third party management
o Analyze and process monthly car hire revenue invoices
o Administer and investigate cash applications
o Calculate and process monthly accrual journal entries
o Update monthly earnings report for sales team
o Create monthly earnings variance analysis and investigate as needed
o Assist the Global Accounting Operations in the reconciliation of various accounts
o Provide extensive customer support
o Provide support to the sales team and other areas of the business
o Other duties as required
• Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance. Rail or leasing experience is a plus
• 5+ years experience in an accounting- or finance-related position
• Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and execute in a fast-paced organization.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels in the organization.
• Analytical ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant decisions and ability to communicate findings to management
• Ability to prepare and maintain complex transactional financial analysis in Excel, including knowledge of pivot tables and advanced formulas (vlookup, sumif, etc)