Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Vice President of Sales will have primary responsibilities within CIT Logistics Finance, with a main emphasis on originating operating and capital leases for large corporate customers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Originate Logistics Finance transactions directly with companies with revenues over $200MM.
• Focus on transactions of $500K to $20MM for CIT's own account and, secondarily, for syndication.
• Drive and manage the entire sales process - targeting top prospects, identifying client solutions, negotiating and closing.
• Act as a "solutions expert" consultant in helping clients with their unique critical business issues and strategic initiatives.
• Act as deal advocate using strong credit skills in working with the underwriting team to facilitate transactions through closing.
• Work with senior management to establish a clear and effective plan for growing the company customer base.
• Work with the sales and marketing teams to share ideas, knowledge and new business development strategies.
• Cross sell other CIT products.
• 5 years experience in deal origination role with strong understanding of enterprise selling, credit, collateral and structuring.
• Strong track record closing transactions and developing a territory.
• Strong reputation in industry and strong base of clients and contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics, MBA Preferred