Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Enterprise Storage Engineer is responsible for providing support and delivery of data-center storage infrastructure solutions while ensuring high levels of data integrity and availability. This individual will work closely with peer team members while providing guidance and a key contributor focused on storage operations and engineering initiatives. The Enterprise Storage Engineer is also responsible for assisting with capacity planning, performance analysis, and writing technical documentation.
Work closely with team members, operational technical teams and project managers supporting storage infrastructure.
• Key contributor assisting in developing scalable, maintainable, highly available storage architectures that meet business objectives and relevant service-level agreements.
• Perform capacity planning analysis, trending and assessments of core infrastructure.
• Assist with engineering strategies for storage consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce costs while improving uptime, data integrity and storage performance.
• Familiar with Real-time and Near-Real-Time local and remote data replication solutions to support Disaster Recovery initiatives.
• Design, document and build infrastructure components related to storage solution requirements from application, systems and database teams.
• Perform on-going review of the systems to ensure adequate capacity, availability and scalability.
• Assist with opportunities providing cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape decisions regarding storage roadmap strategy
• 15+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure design and architecture across multiple distributed storage technologies - including SAN, NAS, FCIP, Fiber Channel and IP networks, Object storage, Cloud hosting.
• In-depth understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
• Experience with the following vendors: EMC, NetApp, Cisco and Cloud Providers.
• Project management/project lifecycle experience applicable to storage projects.
• Experience in developing engineering Visio diagrams, SOP procedures and compliance reports.
Primary area of focus -
• Implementation, configuration and maintaining NAS storage infrastructure
• Knowledge of SMB, NFS, NTFS permissions, DFS , DNS, Active Directory
• Support EMC VMAX and VNX Unified NAS / SAN
• Support EMC Isilon NAS, Superna and Netapp NAS
• Implementation and maintaining NAS disaster recovery capabilities to meet RPO/RTO objectives
• Road Map review of storage technologies and emerging replication technologies