Significant role reporting to the Assistant Treasurer in the Corporate Treasury Group. The Director, Quantitative and Strategic Liquidity, is responsible for leveraging in-depth knowledge of liquidity regulation and financial markets, as well as advanced quantitative skills and management experience to identify, measure, and manage liquidity risk. The position will interact extensively with executive management, and will liaise with business leaders, technology, and risk management groups, as well as facilitate communication with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Internal Audit and Regulators, etc).
The Director of Quantitative and Strategic Liquidity also collaborates with practitioners, academic communities and other financial institutions to stay abreast with the latest financial market and liquidity developments. This individual must have experience with commercial and consumer financing, sets direction aligned to the firm’s strategy, and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Develop and enhance the liquidity risk framework focused on implementing measurement systems, developing methodologies, and driving process improvements to ensure CIT can meet its financial obligations under normal and stressed conditions
- Leverage CIT’s Internal liquidity stress-testing (ILST) framework, metric and policy structure, as well as regulatory, rating agency, and investor expectations to optimize the required liquidity buffer at the legal entity level and drive shareholder value
- Develop and socialize the roadmap to set the liquidity team’s priorities, align resources, and guide liquidity initiatives
- Manage new liquidity risk initiatives and projects, ensure methodologies are accurately implemented, coordinating closely with key stakeholders; maintain ongoing communication with technology, second line risk management groups to ensure comprehensive solutions and appropriate governance
- Partner with key corporate and business partners to design and implement enhanced FTP methodologies to align risk taking incentives with liquidity risk exposure through sophisticated liquidity cost allocation
- Partner with ALM team on model assumptions and its applications in QRM
- Manage liquidity risk and assessing the impact to new products and business strategies
- Provide analytical support in establishing and calibrating for liquidity RAF limits, ALCO thresholds and early warning indicators to help manage liquidity risk
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of staff to develop and encourage performance and career growth