Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
|As a key member of the Sales Tax team, responsibilities include working with external state auditors to resolve sales tax audits by reconciling data, providing documentation review and research, preparation of refund and credit requests and applications, submission of the requests to the state, review of auditor reports and findings, understanding and applying changes in CIT systems as a result of the audits, and understanding and applying changes in state legislature and tax research. Responsibilities also include working with the Sales Tax Compliance team filing returns during monthly compliance.|
Other duties would include: implementing process improvement initiatives, supporting key strategic enterprise-wide projects and initiatives, performing operational risk and SOX control testing, and performing other special projects as directed by the VP or Director of Tax. This individual will possess the ability to succeed within a team environment and the ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Responsible for working to provide support to internal and external clients
• Responsible for working with the sales tax compliance team for various monthly returns
• Possess strong orgatizational skills and the ability to manage multible competitng tasks
• Proven track record in time management and meeting deadlines
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
• Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• SQL and Microsoft Access knowledge a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Thomson Reuters/Checkpoint/TTR
|Minimum Required Skills & Experience:|
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ work experience with sales and use tax compliance and audits.
• Candidate should exhibit strong problem solving skills and initiative to resolve issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field or relevant experience required.
Ability to work well with sales tax systems and data
• Demonstrates initiative and confidence
• Strong computer and work flow process skills
• Self-motivated individual
• Team oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer relations skills