Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Associate/AVP performs fundamental credit analysis for loan approvals and credit requests. The Associate performs ongoing risk and portfolio management functions and maintains bank systems to reflect portfolio and borrower changes. The Associate/AVP also conducts company specific industry-level research and identifies key factors impacting potential loan candidates.
• Assist in fundamental credit analysis for loan approval and credit requests
• Assist in ongoing risk management of loan portfolio
• Financial modeling of primary sources of repayment
• Analyze secondary sources of repayment including collateral values and comparable sales
• Analyze tertiary sources of repayment including market data, comparable sales data, etc.
• Historical financial analysis including cash flow analysis, liquidity analysis, appropriateness of capital structure
• Maintain bank systems to reflect borrower and portfolio-level risk
• Perform monthly and quarterly portfolio monitoring activities
• Ensure regulatory compliance at portfolio level
• Assist in internal projects including portfolio-level sensitivity analysis, collateral analysis, and asset trading analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics
• 3-5 years experience in an OCC –regulated financial institution
• Technical skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel and Word
• Basic finance and accounting skills and knowledge including financial statement analysis
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Professional, dedicated and detail-oriented