Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
• Analyze financial statements and detailed financial information to build models for companies
• Prepare marketing documents including pitches, lenders presentations, confidential information memoranda, rating agency presentations and teasers
• Conduct comprehensive company and industry research
• Assist in authoring and coordinating committee documents
• Help manage internal deal processes which include performing business, financial and legal diligence, and educating internal risk and control groups.
• Maintain a pulse on financial markets and create leveraged loan market documents which examine topical issues and recent deal launches
• Construct comparable enterprise value and leveraged loan analyses to evaluate deal structures and pricing
COMMERCIAL FINANCE BUSINESS SEGMENT
This business segment originates, structures and executes bank loan and bridge financings for corporate clients and financial sponsors. Typical transactions include leveraged buyouts, re-financings, recapitalizations, and restructurings. The group advises financial sponsors and below-investment grade corporate, providing capital structure advice and committed capital in support of strategic transactions. The group is aligned by industry and works closely with many areas across the firm.
Analysts will have the opportunity to work with teams that offer diverse financing solutions that provide for: Working Capital, Growth Capital, LBO Financing, Acquisition Financing, Debt Refinancing, Recapitalizations, Turnarounds, Restructurings, Debtor-in-Possession Financing, and Confirmation Plan Financing.
For more information: https://www.cit.com/commercial-finance/
This position is within Commercial Finance’s Capital Markets group.
• Capital Markets structures, prices and distributes all financial products originated by CIT. The group raises capital for clients and manages the distribution process of loans and other debt and equity products to investors.
Successful candidates possess:
• Bachelor’s degree required, with a major/concentration in finance, accounting, or economics preferred
• Internship experience in analytical roles in financial services required
• Outstanding academic achievement – minimum GPA 3.3