Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Reporting to the Director of Treasury Management Sales for Commercial Finance, the Vice President of Treasury Management is responsible for leading Treasury Management sales and activities across multiple business segments including; Healthcare, Capital Markets, Maritime, Aerospace, Commercial and Industrial, Energy, Sponsor Finance, Communications & Technology, Syndications and Entertainment & Media.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain an active calling plan; regularly engaging clients and prospects to promote Treasury Services that drive business results.
• Working within the risk parameters that protect the firm, serve as a trusted advisor, leveraging core knowledge to recommend the banks Treasury Services solutions to clients and prospects.
• Attend pipeline meetings for your designated teams.
• Manages customer expectations by working closely with Implementation, Client Banking Services and Product Management to ensure a smooth transition of requests.
• Build strong internal relationships to develop and foster partnerships with assigned Portfolio Managers, Bankers and other internal partners.
• Act as the client advocate by escalating Treasury Management client issues to the appropriate business partner. Follow up and leverage the appropriate resources to champion results.
• Meet or exceeds annual Treasury Management Goals as assigned.
• Requires a BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
• Requires 7+ years of cash management, sales and relationship management experience with strong working relationships w/clients & colleagues
• Must possess strong leadership skills and be very proactive in approach
• Demonstrate ability to be an influential business partner who can lead through influence, mobilize internal networks and garner support from cross-functional partners
• Demonstrate strong presentation skills and ability to present to large groups and to executive management
• Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization to facilitate the negotiation of critical matters on behalf of the client relationship team
• Demonstrate success managing a virtual team where success is achieved through influence vs. direct reporting relationship
• Demonstrates excellent/strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrates excellent/strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates strong time management, organizational and planning skills
• Possesses strategic thinking skills